POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu) : Re: Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 28 Feb 2001 17:26:22
Message: <3a9d7b0e@news.povray.org>
> A) Because of the poor lighting the normals look fake, but when radiosity
is
> used, the normals will probably look fine.

Radiosity will definitely help.

> If B, how could the normals be improved?

I really don't know. Like I said, maybe I haven't worked with enough clay,
but it looks awfully dirty. And I feel that we should be seeing some true
displacement, not just fake normals. Other than that, just relax... and send
me the source, already! I've been playing with radiosity all day waiting for
it.